Sunday, December 9, 2007

Working Girl

Well my first week of work at my new job is done and now I am about to start week two.

My first two days of work were orientation, which was nice because i wasn't just thrown in the pit to fend for myself. The building I work in is very nice and open. The cubicles are round and open and there is artwork on the walls. I have my own desk with a computer that has two screens, a printer, and a label maker. I have to bring in some pictures and things to decorate it!! I am pretty excited. The building also has a gym and a nice cafeteria!

I work in the service department, making sure people are served with the complaints. It is very interesting to me and I like it quite a bit. I work a lot on the computer, so we can bring in our ipods and headphones! It is a very casual place so we can jeans too! Pretty nice!

So, so far so good! Since I just started work and we aren't open on Christmas Eve, I am going to be staying in Columbus for Christmas, but Dan will be in Iowa! So that will be a weird holiday, but it is ok because i got time off in January so I can come home when everyone else is home!

Last night I had a Christmas party with 4 of my friends from class and it was a lot of fun. on the 14th, my work will be having a party at the Hilton hotel! I cannot wait!

That's my update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got it made in this job! Way to go Amanda! I'll miss seeing you during Christmas, just make sure to catch me in January!

Anonymous said...

WTF- I don't have 2 monitors... anyway, sounds like the job is going great!! I'm happy for ya!